Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Commitment....

Trying to change your way of life isn't easy by no means. That's one of the reasons why so many of us fail at our resolutions. This ties so well into my "No Resolutions" chapter of my journey because without commitment, you will fail at attempting to do anything.


Commitment- the act of committing , pledging or engaging oneself. A pledge or a promise:

Commitment is something that we have to do everyday of our lives, but so many of us don't know how to grasp that task. In relationships we lack commitment, in work we lack commitment, in family we lack commitment and in ourselves we lack commitment. The circumstances of a situation shouldn't diminish the greatness of your idea. If you set out to obtain something, than work towards that. Strive to do better. I recently realized that I've never actually committed my whole self to ANYTHING ever. That is the reason why I'm not where I should be in my life, whether personal or business related.
I watched a sermon from Bishop T.D Jakes, and he spoke about how women want husbands but don't want the commitment that goes along with it and vice versa.

"You want a husband, but you don't want to be a wife. You're just a girl who wants a man, you're not a wife. You can't have a man and not change your life. Even if you buy a dog or a gold fish it will in some form change your life. You can't get married, but talk about "I got to be myself" , Well then you shouldn't of got married"- T.D Jakes

When I read that passage from his sermon, I swear I had an epiphany because it made so much sense to me. How can I expect the aspects of my life to change if I'm not willing to change myself first. I have to first commit to my well being before I add the responsibility of being responsible for another person on such a deep level. Going as far as being friends with people requires commitment, if you can't be a TRUE friend then don't enter into that contract with them. When I wrote my first blog on No Resolutions, I had no idea how deep I would go into this topic. You can't set resolutions for the New Year if you don't have a commitment to what is it that you wish to obtain. Don't worry about pleasing other people, you WILL NOT be able to make everyone happy. First start with yourself. In order to receive love , you must first love. In order to receive commitment, you must first commit to yourself. This is a journey that has no time limit, but this is also a journey that won't be completely successful until I dedicate myself to the outcome;the greater good.

So as I move forward with my greater connection to GOD and to the betterment of my life along with my two little girls, I'm praying for the ability to fully commitment. This will be a process. I'm excited to see what doors will open for me, and YOU!

 Until next time..... Thanks for reading, watching and supporting.

 Much Love,
 Ericka

No comments:

Post a Comment